Sunday, September 13, 2009

About Me:

I am a senior majoring in Deaf Education. As such, I am currently learning ASL and I am a member of Signing Spartans. In addition, I am involved in a few other on-campus groups this year including, Kappa Delta Pi, where I hold the position of publicity chair. I am also the Multicultural Director on the University Activities Board, where I work with a committee on events for Global Festival and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We also plan other events that reach out to a diverse crowd, in addition to planning three late night events each semester. Our first late night event is the Dating Game on Friday September 18, which will be similar to the late 60's, early 70's game show by the same name, and I couldn't be more excited about it! For the past seven years, I have spent my summers as a summer camp counselor, where I have worked with a lot of phenominal children. At Lions Bear Lake Camp, I worked with children who were deaf, blind, and had juvenile arthritis. I have also worked for several summers atCamp Lu Lay Lea, and Camp Timbers, which is a YMCA camp. This past summer, I spent six weeks studying abroad in Ireland. During my time there, I traveled all over the country, making it to Cork, Blarney, the Cliffs of Moher, Sligo, Galway, Dublin, Belfast, Giant's Causeway, Derry, Wicklow Mountains National Park, the Aran Islands, and Dun Laougahaire. I would highly recommend study abroad to anyone who is looking into it. In my free time, I like to swim, run, waterski, snow ski, and read. I love watching Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, and Friday Night Lights during the week. I also enjoy going to the MSU football games on Saturdays, although I was a little bit dissappointed with the outcome of the MSU vs. CMU game yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very impressive list of involvements. I am sure you have met a lot of people in and around campus while being involved, staying informed and having fun! Those experiences are also great for building a resume!
    I read that you worked at a few summer camps!! What a fun job, huh!? I worked at Willoway Day Camp three summers ago and really enjoyed it...have you ever heard of it? I want to say it is in Wixom, Michigan...
    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that summer camp, but it sounds like fun. That is my favorite part about summer. I love all of the children that I have had a chance to get to know, and all of the great people that I have the opportunity to work with.

    ReplyDelete