Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Technology Background:

I am really excited to take this course because I am not very adept with technology, at this point in my life. I am just now learning how to load pictures from my camera onto my computer, and most of the time I need to ask my sister for help whenever I get a new phone or need to do something new on the internet. I think that it will be great to learn more about technology so that it can be a resourse that I use frequently in my classroom instead of something that I shy away from. Also, as a teacher of deaf children, I am going to be constantly relying upon technology in order to adapt my lessons to better fit the needs of the children in my classroom. Right now I have a facebook page. I also have a myspace, but mostly because I never figured out how to delete the one that I made in middle school. I couldn't tell you the last time that I used it. I just recently created a twitter for this class, which I can't believe, because I always thought that I would never be interested in twitter, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I do wish, however, that I would have been blogging earlier, because it would have been a great way to keep my friends and family updated during my study abroad in Ireland this past summer. I am currently learning how to use the Wiki pages, as they are required for both of my Deaf Education classes this semester. As I use a PC, I am not very familiar with apple computers, and it takes me a lot longer to do things on a Mac than on a PC. I can competantly use the technologies that are familiar to most people of my generation (i.e. texting, email, google, powerpoint, and microsoft word) Overall, I think that this class is going to be a little bit challenging because I struggle with learning new technology. Therefore, it is going to take me some time to go through and really learn how to use all of the technologies that are being presented within this class. This is my first online course, and I think that it may be a little bit of a struggle for me to figure out how to use these technologies without someone physically showing me the step by step instructions on how to set up and run different forms of technology. Therefore, I have a limited background in technology, but I am looking foreward to broadening that background so that I can utilize technology within my future classroom and within my life.

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you Jenna! I don't understand much technology, but that is why I am looking forward to this class as well. And I just realized by looking at your picture you are also in my TE401 class! I think there are actually a lot of us from that class who are in this class as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just noticing how many people are in both my TE 401 class and this one. That will be nice because we can ask eachother questions in class when we have them. It will be kind of a nice support group.

    ReplyDelete