Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pageflakes


I have recently discovered Pageflakes, and I am really enjoying it. In fact, I like it so much that I have set it as my new homepage. Pageflakes is a website that has different applications that I can tailor to my interests so that when I log on to the internet, links to all of my favorite pages are accessible instantly. For example, on my Pageflakes homepage I have decided to have applications which connect to my gmail, delicious, flickr, facebook, and Google Calendar accounts. I also have applications that show me the weather and movie showtimes for East Lansing. In addition, I have a customized To-Do list, and a calculator. You can also make Pageflakes into your RSS feed so that you have everything in the same location. I have not yet done this because I really like using Bloglines, and transferring over all of my information seemed like quite a daunting task. You can even like pageflakes to your Twitter account if you want to!

One thing that I didn't like about Pageflakes is that you can only link to the applications that it has provided for you. Therefore if there is something that you really enjoy using and you want to put that on your homepage as well, you can't do it unless it's included within choices that Pageflakes gives you. Also, you can only link the mail function to popular email systems. Therefore, I was unable to link it to my MSU mail. Overall though, the positives outweigh the negatives. I love that I can get a lot of information all in one spot as soon as I log onto the internet! I would recommend you check it out, and tell me what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I am using it too! I love being able to have all of my most visited apps in one place! very easy to check in with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very interesting. I will have to try it out after this semester is over with cause as of right now I am very over loaded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you are enjoying using it too, Darcie. I definitely think that Pageflakes is a very useful tool. Erin, I completely understand. I having that completely overloaded feeling too. However, when you get a chance, Pageflakes would be worth it to check out!

    ReplyDelete