Sunday, October 4, 2009

netTrekker

I have just started using netTrekker through Michigan LearnPort Website, and I love it. It was introduced to me by my deaf education professor, and it is an excellent resource for teachers. It allows you to look at the state standards for many different states as they relate to each subject.

You can also search for lesson plans that have been written by skilled teachers. In addition, you can sift through the lesson plans by grade and subject. There is also a rating underneath each of the lessons to tell you how valuable other teachers who have used them have found them to be. In addition, there is a section where you can search for photos to use in your classroom. This is great because it will only give you pictures that would be appropriate to use in your classroom, unlike a google or yahoo search engine. For example, if you were to use google images to look for a picture of a screw, you may end up with some very different images. However, using netTrecker, you would be able to find exactly what you were looking for without any of the inappropriate pictures.

As an intern and a first year teacher, I think that this website will come in especially handy because it will be very time consuming to come up with all of my own lessons from scratch to teach every day. This website is a place were I can find quality information without haveing to search all over the internet! The website is so well organized that it makes it quick and easy to locate the information that I am looking for.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cool site! Its nice to know there are sites out there that have lesson plans to have us as interns or first teachers to go off of. Even if you do use the exact lesson plan, over the years you will make it your own.

    Thank you for the good site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you enjoyed the site. I think that it's a great resource for teachers. As first year teachers and interns, I think it's all about knowing where to go to get the information that we need to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome! I'm not sure how it works though. I tried to sign up but it seemed like a site to put up my resume. Could you maybe guide me through the correct steps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to help you with this site. It is a little bit difficult to sign up for, so I think that it might be easier for me to show you than it would be to type out step by step instructions. Can I take a few minutes to help you with this before or after our TE 401 class?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Jenna. What can we here at netTrekker do to make it easier for first year teachers and interns to use netTrekker?

    Would you be interested in participating in our user-feedback sessions?

    ReplyDelete